12 Vegan Low FODMAP Lunches: Pasta Salad
This easy vegan pasta salad has a Mediterranean vibe and takes just minutes to throw together from pantry staples. It's fresh, filling and picnic-ready!
- 350 g of your favourite gluten free pasta about 3 dry cups (750ml)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach or arugula
- 1 cup assorted fresh herbs basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, fennel
- 14 oz can chickpeas well rinsed and drained
- ½ cup jarred roasted red peppers (without garlic) drained and chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives chopped, or 1/4 cup capers
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 1-1½ lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil garlic flavoured if you have it!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cane sugar
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Place in a large salad bowl.
Whisk up lemon juice, oil, Dijon, oregano, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl or shake up in a jam jar. Taste and adjust salt as necessary. Set aside.
Add roasted red peppers, vegetables, olives and beans to pasta and toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Salad will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge and is delicious topped with homemade almond ricotta or tofu feta.