Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
This easy vegan pasta salad has a Mediterranean vibe and takes just minutes to throw together from pantry staples. It's fresh, filling and picnic-ready!
Servings: 4 servings
- 350 g of your favourite pasta about 3 dry cups (750ml)
- 3 cups packed of assorted vegetables I recommend a mixture of herbs, greens, soft vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, and crunchy veg such as diced cucumber or broccoli
- 14 oz can chickpeas or white beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup jarred roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives chopped, or 1/4 cup capers
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 1-1½ lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cane sugar
- ½ clove garlic micrograted or crushed
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Place in a large salad bowl.
Whisk up lemon juice, oil, Dijon, oregano, salt, sugar, garlic and pepper in a small bowl or shake up in a jam jar. Taste and adjust salt as necessary. Set aside.
Add roasted red peppers, fresh or cooked vegetables, olives and beans to pasta and toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Salad will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge and is delicious topped with homemade almond ricotta or tofu feta.