Warming Apple Cider Tonic with Turmeric
Looking for a soothing, anti-inflammatory tonic? This warming apple cider tonic takes just 10 minutes to make from scratch in the blender. It's cozy, cinnamon scented and packed with benefits too.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium apples, quartered and cored I like a sweet-tart variety like gala or pink lady
- 1 large carrot scrubbed
- 1 small lemon ends trimmed, skin on and quartered
- 2 inch piece ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric or 2 inch piece fresh turmeric
- 3 cups water
All all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend, using the soup setting. If machine doesn't have soup setting, blend on high until thoroughly liquified about 2-3 minutes and then gently heat on the stove over medium medium. Taste and adjust sweetness as necessary.
If you prefer a lighter textured tonic, you can strain out the pulp but I prefer to enjoy all that wonderful fibre to give my microbiome a boost!
You can also totally opt to drink this unsweetened if you wish.