Low FODMAP Papaya Lime Smoothie
This fresh and juicy papaya lime smoothie is a mini vacation in a glass! It's vegan and low FODMAP, so it's great for sensitive tummies or folks with IBS too.
Servings: 1 serving
- ½ medium papaya, seeded and flesh scooped out (about 1 cup flesh)
- 1 cup unsweetened macadamia milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice about 1-2 limes
- zest of ½ a lime
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup if papaya is extra sweet, you may not need it
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk up to 1 tablespoon if you're accustomed to it
- 1 scoop your favourite vanilla low FODMAP protein powder optional
Psyllium is a great low fermentation fibre than helps to soothe the gut as well as regulate elimination AKA help you make good poops!
If using psyllium, be sure to drink your smoothie right away as psyllium will thicken up the smoothie (particularly if using more than 1 teaspoon). Also, if using more than 1 teaspoon psyllium, you may wish to add an extra 1/2 cup water to keep it light and fluid.