Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich (low FODMAP)
This vegan low FODMAP egg salad sandwich is utterly craveable and comes together even faster than traditional egg salad! Just 10 minutes to make and 10 ingredients or less.
Servings: 6 sandwiches
Egg Salad Base
- 1 pound block firm tofu drained and patted dry
- ⅓ cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt add a pinch of kala namak if using
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅓ cup Persian or mini cucumber
- ¼ cup green onions, dark green tops only thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- your favourite low FODMAP (or regular) bread or crackers
In a small bowl, toss diced cucumber with apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, mix mayo, mustard, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and turmeric. Add diced tofu, green onion, dill and cucumbers (with vinegar) and gently fold to combine.
Optional: if you want to up the ‘eggy’ taste, add a pinch of kala namak salt or vegan egg seasoning. I usually don’t but I know others love it!
FODMAP Note: If not low FODMAP, this would also be delicious with diced celery, dill pickles, capers or anything else you usually put in your egg salad!
Lasts well for 2-3 days (maybe 4!) in the fridge.