Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (Vegan)
This decadently healthy chocolate peanut butter smoothie is a filling and satisfying way to start the day thanks to protein + healthy fat from omega-3 rich hemp hearts and peanut butter. Great with a shot of espresso too for a breakfast on the go!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 medium banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup your favourite unsweetened plant-based milk I like almond or oat milk here
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- handful ice cubes optional, if not using frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup sweeten to taste
- 1 shot espresso or ¼ cup cooled brewed coffee
Add banana, milk, hemp, peanut butter, cocoa, cinnamon to blender. add ice cubes and coffee if using. Blend, taste and sweeten with maple syrup if desired.