Winter Pear and Kale Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
This decadent and satisfying vegan winter kale salad, filled with sweet cranberries and pear, has a creamy miso tahini dressing that will have you wanting more.
- 1 large bunch kale washed, dried and torn into pieces
- 1 medium ripe yet firm pear like Bartlett
- ¼ cup dried cranberries I like the fruit-juice sweetened ones
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 3-4 lemons
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic crushed or micro grated
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
In a bullet, or large blending jar, add tahini, lemon juice, miso, maple syrup, garlic and water. Blitz with an immersion blender or in your bullet until dressing is smooth.
Place kale in a large salad bowl. Drizzle over oil and massage kale until leaves are glossy and the kale has decreased in volume by about half. Dress kale with half the dressing and toss.
Add pear, cranberries, sunflower seeds and shallot and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve.