Talking Positive Nutrition with Amelia Freer
Welcome to the very first episode of The Allsorts Podcast!
As a dietitian, I have been dreaming of creating a space where we can hold meaningful conversations about nutrition and wellbeing in a way that is nourishing, generative and doesn’t leave you feeling confused or lacking in some way. It’s hard to get nutrition right in 30 second sound bites, so The Allsorts Podcast is our new home base for exploring all of our questions about how to truly be well – as well as taking a clear-headed look at the culture of wellness and dieting and its ill effects.
I couldn’t think of a better first guest for this pod than Amelia Freer. Amelia has long championed the notion of positive nutrition, which is a stark departure from the restrictive, diet-focused advice rampant online. Amelia Freer (FdSc, Dip ION) is one of the UK’s most respected nutritional therapists and healthy eating experts. She has headed a thriving private clinic in London for over a decade and has helped thousands to achieve a happier, healthier life. She is an international best-selling author, debuting with the inspirational Eat. Nourish. Glow., now translated into many languages. Amelia’s fourth book, Simply Good for You, was released in Dec 2019, and her 30-part online course, The Joy of Healthy Eating, was launched in Autumn 2020.
On this episode, we cover:
- Amelia’s own journey with healing and how she came to practice nutrition
- What positive nutrition is and how to put it into practice
- What surprised Amelia most about supporting others in eating well
- How nutrition is NEVER 100% of healing
- The piece of the wellness puzzle that many of us are missing
- Finding connection in nature
- How our relationship with food has changed as we all stayed at home
I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about this episode, be sure to screenshot and tag us @desireenielsenrd @ameliafreer @theallsortspod and please share this episode with anyone you think could benefit from it!
Connect with Amelia Freer
Explore Amelia’s Digital Course, The Joy of Healthy Eating
- Simply Good For You: https://amzn.to/3dWIDxe
- Nourish & Glow: The 10-day plan: https://amzn.to/3sTfpni
- Cook. Nourish. Glow: https://amzn.to/3nrpqah
- Eat. Nourish. Glow: https://amzn.to/3dZq0sB
PS…do you have your copy of my bestselling plant-based cookbook Eat More Plants yet? It’s a keeper 😉