Insta-recipe! Gorgeous Green Potato Salad
It’s another Insta-recipe!
Insta-recipes are super simple recipes that are delicious and healthy…nothing fancy and easy to prepare anytime. Pretty much how I eat most of the time.
Eating an anti-inflammatory, plant-based diet doesn’t always mean a lot of time-consuming cooking. And it doesn’t have to be expensive either. Potatoes tend to get a bad rap but I absolutely believe they fit in a healthy diet.
Using small, waxy potatoes and eating them with the skin will have a lower glycemic impact than large flour-y potatoes like russets. Plus, this salad is packed with greens because honestly, I can’t leave well enough alone! This would be delicious with my cilantro hemp pesto for a boost of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids.
I served this salad with baked tofu ‘steaks’ for an awesome meal that can be vegan by subbing Veganaise and vegan pesto. The added plant-based protein will help you feel fuller, longer and keep your blood sugars on an even keel.
Gorgeous Green Potato Salad
- 1 pound cooked baby potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded (~2 cups)
- 2 cups roughly chopped curly parsley
- 2 cups baby greens, (ex. kale, spinach or arugula)
- 1/4 cup good quality pesto
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and then toss well with salad in a large salad bowl. Give each portion a good squeeze of fresh lemon before serving.
Want to know more about the health benefits of parsley? I created a YouTube video to do just that!