There is no more decadent way to start the morning than with a cup of coffee and fresh baking. Of course, since this is January, thoughts turn to healthier eating after a whole season of decadence. That doesn’t mean you can spoil yourself…healthfully. Bake up this protein-rich, whole grain treat and get cozy.
Works/can easily be adapted for gluten free, vegetarian and vegan diets.
Pumpkin Granola Bread
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1.5 cup almond/soy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup dried fruit/nuts (I used cranberries and pumpkin seeds)
- 2 eggs (or sub 2 tablespoons ground chia in 1/4 cup warm water, mix and allow to set for at least 10 min)
- 2 scoops Vega chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and place into a greased loaf tin
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Tent the tin with foil if it is browning too fast.
- Cool and cut into slices.
A special thank you to Jason Lau for developing this recipe!