You can never have too much pumpkin…Pumpkin Chai Chia Pudding
You can never get enough pumpkin, right? Since are already into the indulgence season, this festive treat is the perfect antidote to all of the holiday junk. We did just survive Halloween after all…and the leftover candy probably exists alongside the influx of holiday treats. I could hardly believe my eyes to see stores stocking holiday treats and decorations before Halloween. I may be dating myself, but I remember when the holiday season started on December 1 (or with Thanksgiving, for you folks south of the border). It just keeps creeping up earlier and earlier…one of these years, the ‘holiday season’ is going to start in September, isn’t it?
Rant aside, this simple-to-make snack is the perfect tummy taming treat: chia seeds are rich in fibre and omega 3 fatty acids, both of which help support a healthy intestinal flora. Topped with a high potency probiotic masquerading as vanilla crème, it is a decadently healthy dessert.
Looking for more pumpkin love? Look no further
Pumpkin Chai Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup cashew mlik
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom, nutmeg and allspice
- Coconut cream, greek yogurt or Vanilla Bio-K+ drinkable probiotic for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients until smooth. Add chia seeds and stir constantly for two minutes. Let sit for five minutes and then whisk again for two more minutes.
- Pour into serving bowls or jars and let sit for minimum two hours and up to overnight, if eating for breakfast. When ready to serve, top with pecans and drizzle on vanilla Bio-K+ and a light dusting of your favourite spice.