It’s the first day of fall…and that means all pumpkin everything! Hopefully, you aren’t already pumpkin’ed out – because this may be my favourite way to glam up oatmeal.
Nix the fake pumpkin baked goods and drinks at the coffee shop and get your pumpkin fix the healthy way. Canned pumpkin is incredibly healthy and convenient…as long as you are buying pure pumpkin puree and not sweetened pie filling. High in fibre for a happy belly and vitamin A for glowing skin, this is one festive food that is really good for you.
To make things even more convenient, I used instant oats so that you can have this decadent tasting oatmeal in just five minutes…so no excuses! Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
Pumpkin Spice Oats
- 1 package unsweetened instant oats, regular or gluten free
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped or whole
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut manna (What is this? See below!)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- good pinch of nutmeg and allspice (each)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pumpkin, water, spices and maple syrup until steaming hot. Turn off heat.
- Mix in coconut manna, oats, hemp (if using) and stir until heated through. Mix in pecans and enjoy!