Pumpkin Spice Oats For the First Day of Fall
Love pumpkin spice? These cozy, vegan pumpkin spice oats are filling, flavourful and packed with soluble fibre for your gut, anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids and plenty of plant-based protein.
It’s the first day of fall…and that means all pumpkin everything! Hopefully, you aren’t already pumpkin’ed out – because this may be my favourite way to glam up oatmeal.
Nix the fake pumpkin baked goods and drinks at the coffee shop and get your pumpkin fix the healthy way. Canned pumpkin is incredibly healthy and convenient…as long as you are buying pure pumpkin puree and not sweetened pie filling. High in fibre for a happy belly and vitamin A for glowing skin, this is one festive food that is really good for you.
To make things even more convenient, I used instant oats so that you can have this decadent tasting oatmeal in less than ten minutes…so no excuses! Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
These pumpkin spice oats are:
- gluten free
- low FODMAP
Looking for more yummy and nourishing oat recipes?
- 15-Minute Vegan Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 2-Layer Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Bake
- 5-Minute Blackberry Pie Overnight Oats
- Plum Ginger Oolong Overnight Oats
Easy Pumpkin Spice Oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch each nutmeg and allspice
- 1 package unsweetened instant oats, regular or gluten free, (learn about the benefits of oats!)
- 1/4 cup pecans halves
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut manna , (What is this? See below!)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pumpkin, water, spices and maple syrup until steaming hot. Turn off heat.
- Mix in coconut manna, oats, hemp and stir until heated through. Mix in pecans and enjoy!
One Comment on “Pumpkin Spice Oats For the First Day of Fall”