I won’t be watching the Super Bowl per se… except the halftime show and maybe a few commercials. However, there WILL be snacks.
In our house, there can be an uneasy tension between me wanting to serve nothing but kale chips and roast chickpeas and the guests who want nothing but hot wings and garlic toast. I am a reasonable person, so I like to compromise and this little experiment of mine tasted darn good.
The eaters will be totally unaware that there is k-a-l-e in this dip and can scarf it back with chips. You can dip veggies into it and feel pretty darn good about it. A little indulgence, a lot of veggies…now that’s good eats.
Feeling snacky? Try these!
- Roasted Togarashi Broccoli with Cashew Dip
- Peanut Butter Hemp Cookies
- 12 Easy Low FODMAP Snacks
- Baked Zucchini Fritters
Cheesy Pesto Dip
- 3 packed cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or finely grated on a microplane
- 1 container organic or old-fashioned cream cheese or vegan cream cheese substitute (homemade thick cashew cream would be delicious!)
- salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste!
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, pulse walnuts and kale with olive oil until a pesto-like mixture forms. Stir in garlic and cream cheese and season to taste.
- Place in an oven-proof dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until it bubbles. Serve piping hot with organic tortilla chips and fresh cut, sturdy veggies – this thick and creamy dip will push over bell pepper strips 🙂
Go Denver! Or Seattle!