A Simple Chard and White Bean Sauté
I could live on this kind of food. I kind of do live on this kind of food.
This week’s #energize2016 challenge is all about eating at home so I wanted to share a recipe that shows you just how easy it is to throw together something delicious and nutrient-dense. Even if you’re tired, you can get this meal together and be on the couch watching Netflix before you know it.
This simple sauté would make a delicious brunch with some good bread or served over a cooked grain (wheat berries would be perfect or go for millet so it’s gluten free) and if you fancy eggs, #putaneggonit.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Simple Chard and White Bean Saute
- 1 bunch chard, greens sliced, stems reserved and chopped, (or your favourite cooking green)
- 1 can navy beans, (or other soft white bean)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, (or more...I like more)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add chard stems, garlic, cumin and white beans and sauté until stems soften, about 5 minutes.
(Bonus points: crank up the heat and let the beans caramelize a bit!)
- Add chard greens and cook until wilted. Season to taste.
Photo Credit: Melissa Quantz