Beet Walnut Yogurt
Savoury yogurt is a definite ‘thing’ this year. Bon Appetit said so, so it must be so. And I couldn’t be happier as it is one trend that might just help shift people away from the sugary confections they typically think of as yogurt.
Of course, you don’t have to spend a bunch of money on fancy pre-made varieties. This is the simplest thing to make – I took inspiration for this combination from one of my favourite dips, roasted beet and walnut. Eat it on its own or, why not #putaneggonit?
Beet Walnut YogurtLeave a Review »
- 1 egg, poached, (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted beets , (or precooked beets)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- Stir beets, yogurt and caraway seeds together and season to taste. You can eat this right away but flavours will improve as it sits...you can even make this the night before!
- Top with walnut halves and a poached egg if you wish.