I can hardly believe that today is the first day of summer. The year is almost half over!!!
It’s spurring a bit of a mid-year
crisis goals reassessment for me. I know that I am working hard but I don’t know if I am really carpe diem-ing. So I am looking forward to using the summer to enjoy life and get out ahead of the game.
Waking up with this breakfast helps. It’s a little self-care moment in a bowl. You know you’re serious about getting your veg in when you literally can’t make a meal without them. Beets are pretty much guaranteed to make a beautiful (instagrammable!) meal and I love the earthiness they lend to this treat. The raspberries don’t hide the flavour of the beets…but if you want to, you can add a bit of maple syrup to this to smooth out the flavour.
Wake up right. Feel like one million dollars. And enjoy every luscious moment.
Blushing Beet Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked beet (I used Love Beets)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (2-3 in piece)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/2 cm thick slice of lemon (with skin)
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk or soy milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Blend ingredients well. Mixture should be thick. Pour into chilled bowls and serve immediately, topped with your favourites: try edible flowers, slivered almonds, chia seeds, coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds and fresh golden berries (cape gooseberries).