Blushing Beet Smoothie Bowl
Looking to bust your breakfast rut? This Blushing Beet Smoothie Bowl is bursting with juicy raspberries, earthy beets and creamy banana. With omega 3-rich ground flax and vanilla protein powder, it’s a complete, nutrient-dense way to start your day.
I can hardly believe that today is the first day of summer. The year is almost half over!!!
It’s spurring a bit of a mid-year
crisis goals reassessment for me. I know that I am working hard but I don’t know if I am really carpe diem-ing. So I am looking forward to using the summer to enjoy life and get out ahead of the game.
Waking up with this breakfast helps. It’s a little self-care moment in a bowl. You know you’re serious about getting your veg in when you literally can’t make a meal without them. I don’t mind being a dietitian cliche on this one!
Beets are pretty much guaranteed to make a beautiful (instagrammable!) meal and I love the subtle earthiness they lend to this treat. The raspberries don’t hide the flavour of the beets…but if you want to, you can add a bit of maple syrup to this to smooth out the flavour out even more.
Wake up right. Feel like one million dollars. And enjoy every luscious moment of this high fiber, plant-powered bowl! And if you love this easy plant-based recipe, check out Eat More Plants Cookbook…where this recipe is from!
Gather your ingredients to make this easy beet smoothie bowl
- Cooked beets: you can use leftover roasted beets or store-bought pre-cooked beets
- Frozen raspberries: you want to use frozen berries here, as a smoothie bowl needs a high proportion of frozen fruit to come out thick
- Frozen banana: packed with prebiotic fibres, banana adds a bit of natural sweetness and makes the bowl even creamier.
- Unsweetened soy or almond milk: soy milk will add a bit of protein and creamy texture.
- Ground flax: ground flax is packed with omega 3 fatty acids for a healthy heart
- Lemon: a slice of lemon – with the skin! – helps to brighten the flavour of this bowl
- Protein powder: protein is a must for a balanced meal. I like a simple vanilla brown rice protein or Botanica Perfect Protein
More nourishing juices and smoothies
- Low FODMAP Papaya Lime Smoothie
- 5 Minute Green Blender Juice
- Turmeric Ginger Smoothie with Greens
- Cucumber Smoothie with Kiwi + Mint
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie (Vegan)
Blushing Beet Smoothie Bowl
- ½ cup roasted beets, or store-bought pre-cooked beets
- 1½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- ½ inch slice of lemon with skin
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, (optional)
- High Speed Blender
- Blend ingredients well on high. You made need to use your tamper. Mixture should be thick.
- Pour into chilled bowls and serve immediately, topped with your favourites: try edible flowers, slivered almonds, chia seeds, coconut flakes, pomegranate seeds and fresh golden berries (cape gooseberries).