Insanely good Mexican grilled corn (Elote)
Mexican grilled corn? That seems like a fun idea.
Never mind the fact that using sweet corn isn’t really authentic. Because it’s damn good. Seriously. Just you wait…this is so good you will want to eat all four cobs. Forget sharing.
Why I never thought to slather corn in mayo is anyone’s guess. Because I love mayo. I am one of those french-fries-and-mayo girls. And, the vegan versions of mayo don’t suck (My favourite is Just Mayo but I haven’t tried Fabannaise yet).
This corn will take your BBQ side game to the next level. Don’t get skittish about the mayo.
Just mix up the sauce, slather it on freshly grilled corn and watch people go nuts. Serve this alongside my beet and black bean burger and you have now mastered the plant-centred BBQ. You’re welcome.
Mexican Grilled CornLeave a Review »
- 4 cobs of fresh sweet corn, de-husked and de-silked
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed (1/8 teaspoon)
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 4 lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese or feta cheese for serving, if not vegan
- Grill corn on a screaming hot BBQ until lightly charred on all sides. New to grilling? Instructions here.
- Meanwhile, stir up the sauce in a small bowl and salt to taste.
- Place grilled corn on a serving dish and slather with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if using and serve with a lime wedge...and a smile.