Raspberry Coconut Treats (Vegan, Keto-friendly)
When I crave a treat, it’s usually homemade…because I just can’t handle typical sweets. In fact, my rosacea flares up almost instantly when I eat a really high sugar food. I can feel my cheeks heat up just thinking about it!
Luckily, I don’t love sugar anymore – but of course I still want dessert! These treats are filled with luscious raspberries and silky coconut manna. Coconut manna is different from coconut oil; it is the whole flesh of the coconut, pureed. Essentially, it’s like any nut butter but made of coconut.
This is the first keto-friendly recipe I have created; it felt a bit strange tabulating ingredients on a spreadsheet but I really wanted to do something for my clients who are following a ketogenic plan…because of course, this plant-based gal loves her carbs and I keep sending my keto clients to other websites for the goods!
However, for the rest of us, this is just a super delectable treat that doesn’t contain a boatload of sugar. Just two tablespoons of maple syrup for 12 sizeable treats. These Raspberry Coconut treats are so easy to make and perfect when you just want ‘a little something’.
Raspberry Coconut Treats
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut manna
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or liquid stevia to taste for a keto-friendly recipe
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons beet powder, (I used Blume Beet Latte Mix)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Food Processor
- Warm the coconut manna in a hot water bath if it's solid, for easier blending.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend, scraping sides, until a smooth puree forms. Scoop puree into a freezer-safe bowl and freezer for 10 minutes to make it easy to roll.
- Roll puree into 12 balls, about 1 1/2 tablespoons each. Roll into any toppings you desire and freeze in an airtight glass container until ready to eat. For best flavour, let treats sit at room temperature for a few minutes before eating.
PS…I was gifted a free bag of Beet Latte Mix from Blume but was not compensated for posting about it. AND…for all you keto folk, I will post exact nutritionals as soon as I get the dietary analysis on the Latte Mix from Blume.