Drink Clean AND Green with this Tummy Taming Shamrock Smoothie for St Patrick’s Day and Beyond
Happy St Patrick’s Day!
On a day filled with questionable green beer and green junk food, may I suggest something a little more…healthy?
It’s time to UnJunk Your Shamrock Shake! Instead of ‘treating’ yourself to a chemical-laden frozen ‘dessert’, sip on this luscious Shamrock Smoothie instead for a REAL treat. Packed with green veggies and mint, this smoothie is actually a great fix for tummy troubles and tastes totally delicious, especially when you add some dark chocolate to it!
Mint, one of the carminative herbs, is especially soothing to the digestive tract and great for those with occasional tummy troubles such as gas or bloating or IBS to help lessen digestive pain. Something to note, its soothing properties can be a little too soothing for someone with chronic reflux and might make things a bit worse.
Try this delicious, nutritious, soothing smoothie not just on St Patty’s Day but all year long in your green smoothie rotation. And once you have had your healthy smoothie today, you might have a bit of room for a little green beer 🙂
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Desiree's Tummy Taming Shamrock Smoothie
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1/2 ripe banana (frozen is delicious!)
- 1 cup baby spinach , (or other green...but spinach will make it the nicest colour)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut-based milk
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey, (optional - use maple syrup if on low FODMAPS diet for IBS)
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped 85% dark chocolate, (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth and then add 1 tsp of cacao nibs for crunch or 1 tsp finely chopped 85% dark chocolate for a treat!
Have fun today!