25+ (Healthy!) 15 Minute Vegan Meals
15 minute vegan meals that are actually healthy? Yes, it can be done! None of these quick vegan recipes take more than 15 minutes, including vegan dinners, easy healthy breakfasts and even 15 minute desserts!
And they feature a ton of whole plant foods, meaning that they’re nutrient-dense and good for you too.
If you ask this registered dietitian, one of the most powerful things you can do for your health isn’t a detox or ditching gluten, it’s cooking for yourself at home.
Because when you cook at home, you generally eat more foods with fibre, more plant-based sources of protein and definitely more veggies.
You’ll also save a bunch of money. Which is why I share simple plant-based recipes on this website…to help you feel your best and LOVE what you eat!
But I know that sometimes, time is really tight.
So I wanted to round up this list of healthy 15-minute vegan meals because they’re faster than takeout…and better for you too!
And if you’re looking for more plant-based recipe ideas, pick up a copy of my books Eat More Plants and Good For Your Gut.
Use this table of contents to jump to the 15 minute vegan meal you’re looking for and get cooking! And I’ve got some advice on how to pull together 15 minute vegan meals on your own, below!
Dietitian Tips for Making Healthy 15 Minute Meals
I REALLY love to eat. I love flavourful, exciting meals. So when I tell you that not everything you make has to be the taste experience of your life, know that it comes from a real food lover.
Why am I telling you this? Because I think we put a ton of pressure on ourselves to make every meal so special that we end up not cooking for ourselves, which is a huge mistake. Sometimes, it can just be quick and kinda tasty. Life is super hectic for most of us and getting a home cooked meal on the table means chilling out a bit and working with the time and energy you have. So let’s make the most of it, shall we?
- If it fits the budget, lean on prepared fresh items like pre-washed greens, slaw mixes, cherry tomatoes, baby potatoes, precut veggies. Less washing, less chopping, more eating!
- Don’t forget frozen: corn, peas, edamame, chopped squash or kale are all super nutritious and shave tons of time off prep.
- Canned is fantastic: canned beans and tomatoes, canned artichoke hearts or jarred sun-dried tomatoes, olives and roasted red peppers are handy (and flavourful!) meal helpers
- Use fast plant-based proteins like canned beans, smoked tofu or premartinated tempeh.
- Lean on quicker whole grains such as whole wheat tortillas, sprouted grain bread, whole wheat spaghetti, quinoa, millet or parboiled barley. All take 15 minutes or less to prep.
- Think fast food: pastas, salads with a protein, toast with toppers, wraps, bowls.
- The way to change it up to avoid boredom? Sauces and spices. My faves? Vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, Valentina’s hot sauce, vegan pesto, hummus, harissa…too many to name! For spices, cumin, curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, garlic powder and onion powder will give you a good basic flavour pantry.
25+ (Healthy!) 15-minute Vegan Recipes
Quick Vegan Breakfasts
Starting your day with a healthy vegan breakfast that includes plenty of protein + fibre will help keep your energy on an even keel all morning long. Try these easy 15 minute vegan breakfast recipes you’ll want to make again and again! It’s faster than waiting in line at the coffee shop.
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich with Chickpea Flour Eggs
Turmeric, Ginger and Mango Smoothie
- Easy Protein-Packed Chickpea Scramble: this hot breakfast takes just 5 minutes and has it all! Fibre, protein and healthy fats plus a side of greens
- Cucumber Smoothie with Kiwi + Mint: this cooling, gut-friendly smoothie packs in a ton of produce and 10 grams of fibre per serving
- 15-Minute Vegan Apple Pie Oatmeal: one of the most popular recipes on the site! This is oatmeal kicked up about a thousand notches with salted caramel apples.
- Spinach + Feta Tofu Scramble (Vegan): this easy tofu scramble is one of my fave childhood flavour combinations: spinach and (vegan!) feta
Easy Vegan Snacks
Plants are already the ultimate easy vegan snack: just grab a handful of veggies, nuts or a piece of fruit. But sometimes, you want something a little more, I get it. So try these easy vegan snacks, none of which take more than 15 minutes of hands on time.
Tart Cherry, Hemp and Cashew Bark
- Indulge (healthfully!) with my Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls: these little orbs are super delicious, keep for ages in the freezer and take less than 15 minutes to make.
- Healthy, Homemade Vegan Orange Julius Recipe: if you spent your Friday nights at the mall food court, this one is for you. Keep orange juice cubes and bananas in the freezer for when the mood strikes!
- Hummus and veggies is one of my fave healthy snacks. And with this blender hummus from Love and Lemons, you can make your own fresh hummus in LESS than 15 minutes!
- I will never not be snacking on guac. Try this simple guacamole recipe from My Latina Table and pair with veggies, whole grain crackers or tortilla chips!
- These blackberry pie overnight oats take just 5 minutes to make…but need to sit in the fridge, so make a few to keep on hand for a busy week!
15 Minute Vegan Lunches
These easy vegan lunches are just what you need to bust out of a lunch rut. Minimal cooking, plenty of plants, super delicious!
5-Minute Vegan Chickpea Tuna
Healthy Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich (low FODMAP): if you’re not low FODMAP, pile this on sprouted grain bread for extra fibre and protein…
- This Peach + Arugula Salad is perfect for when it’s too hot for a heavy meal. It’s fresh + flavourful!
Easy 15 Minute Vegan Dinners
The secret to ditching your take out habit is a 15 minute vegan meal you’ll want to make again and again. I’ve got you covered!
5 Minute No Cook Vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce
10 Minute Mexican Tostadas with Black Beans and Squash
- Summer Zoodles with Raw Sungold Tomato Sauce: is it a pasta? or a salad? whatever you call it, it takes just 15 minutes with ZERO cooking and plenty of flavour!
- Try these Black Bean and Corn Lettuce Cups from Forks Over Knives for a light yet filling lunch.
- My White Bean + Spinach Quesadillas are SO good, no one will believe they only took 15 minutes to make!
Vegan 15 Minute Desserts
Plant-powered Vegan Hot Chocolate
Healthy Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Nut Butter
- Chocolate-covered Snickers Stuffed Dates by Eating Bird Food: I’ll often eat a date stuffed with peanut butter as a snack and the melted dark chocolate just takes it over the top!
- Frozen Grapes via The Kitchn: Frozen grapes are seriously so good. 5 minutes hands on, then just wait for them to freeze! Keep these on hand all summer long.
- Strawberry Grand Marnier Vitamix Sorbet: did you know you could make dessert in your blender? You can easily swap extra juice for the GM to make this kid friendly
Healthy 15 Minute Meals: Mediterranean Hummus Toast
- 4 slices your favourite bread, I love sprouted grain for extra protein + fibre
- 1⅓ cup your favourite store-bought hummus
- 1 package smoked tofu or tempeh, cut into 1 cm (½ in) cubes
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- vegan mayo
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir sundried tomatoes into hummus. Set aside. Toast bread.
- In a nonstick skillet just over medium heat, warm olive oil and then add tofu or tempeh cubes. Cook until golden brown on 2-3 sides, about 1-2 min a side. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat, season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread toast thinly with vegan mayo and then add 1/3 cup of hummus to each slice. Divide spinach – tempeh mixture between the toasts and top with olives.